Who Accepts Ethereum in 2022?
With Ethereum’s growth in 2021, many have wondered if ETH will soon overtake Bitcoin as the biggest crypto on the block. With the rise of general decentralized applications (dApps), non-fungible tokens (NFTs), decentralized finance (DeFi) apps and numerous other protocols that manage to use Ethereum in a creative way, it is easy to see how someone can have the opinion that Ethereum may be the primary protocol in crypto.
Whether or not Ethereum becomes the primary way to pay for things in the future, people are already using numerous applications in order to put their hard-earned crypto to good use. If you believe that Ethereum will be a large method of payment in the future, then getting jump-started with the future of cryptographic monetary transactions will put you ahead of the curve.
You may even discover that there are already numerous benefits to paying with Ethereum, and the future of a decentralized world where you pay with crypto may be closer to reality than you would think.
Merchants Who Accept Ethereum
Some of the better-known merchants that accept ETH payments in 2022 are:
- Travala. Using the Travala.com app, you can use ethereum to pay for your trips
- CheapAir.Com. This flight aggregator allows you to pay with ethereum.
- Overstock. With an array of things to buy, like rugs, mattresses, and jewelry, you can spend your ethereum here and have the delivery free to boot.
- Cryptoholic. With an assortment of gear like thermoses, sweaters, phone cases, jewelry, bags and the like, tacked on with crypto imagery, Cryptoholic has a store that feels fitting for decentralized payment methods.
- The House of Coky. This Miami women’s clothing store allows you to pay with crypto by using CoinPayments.
- Weshopwithcrypto. As its name suggests, this e-commerce website gives those who want to get their business started a way to do so, and it allows the usage of ethereum and other currencies to boot.
- Ethlance. Freelancers who are really bullish on ETH can rejoice as this platform allows them to offer up their skills for the cryptocurrency.
- Freelanceforcoins.com. Like Ethlance, you can get paid in crypto on this website. However, instead of being focused on ethereum, you can also get paid in bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
- Cryptokitties. This game is a benchmark for crypto gaming in the way it shaped the perception around NFTs on the Ethereum blockchain.
- Purism. This privacy company allows you to pay in multiple cryptocurrencies, including Ethereum.
- Giftoff. You can get their gift cards by making an ethereum payment.
- Destinia. Along with bitcoin cash, litecoin and a few other cryptocurrencies, you can use ethereum to pay for hotel bookings, flight packages and train tickets.
- Amazon. Using Bitpay, you can purchase your goods from the biggest e-commerce giant with ethereum.
- Gipsybee.com. This online electronics store has made a name for itself by accepting a multitude of cryptocurrencies to buy a bunch of gadgets.
- Cryptoart. This platform allows you to use multiple cryptocurrencies, including ethereum, to buy art from.
- Cryptocove. There is a dropdown section where it shows what merchandise you can get with ethereum, which include a bunch of products targeted to fans of the crypto.
- AirBrushCustoms. This personalized clothing store allows you to pay using multiple cryptocurrencies, including ethereum.
- Bitmedia.io. This company that seeks to give other businesses a crypto audience has services that can be paid with ETH.
- Moonbet. This sportsbook, casino and online betting platform has ETH as a method of payment.
- 1xBet. This online sportsbook and casino where you can pay with ETH has made a name for itself for being able to bet on a multitude of sporting events.
- Toro Coffee Co.. This specialty coffee company allows for a wide variety of crypto payments, including ETH.
- Renjer Wild Jerky. Since 2018, this deer and elk jerky creator has provided people with the option to pay with crypto, ETH included.
- Elephant Chateau. Armed with their own rewards token on the Ethereum blockchain, it is no wonder that this seller of luxury spices allows you to pay with ETH.
- Headphones.com. Doing what its name suggests, you can purchase headphones through this store and have a variety of payment options while doing so, notably ETH and other cryptocurrencies.
- Bitdial. This luxury watch company that has a whole catalogue full of brand names allows crypto and Ethereum as payment methods.
- Pita Barcelona. This custom-made mechanical watch creator of unique pieces accepts ETH.
- Bono Shop. This Italian Jewelry shop provider of rings, necklaces, bracelets and other jewelry has made crypto enthusiasts happy with ETH payment options.
- Natural Pet Shop. With the mission to change how people perceive pet products, this store accepts ETH.
- Play-asia.com. With the goal of being the leading retailer of entertainment products, this platform accepts cryptocurrencies, notably Ethereum.
- Trippki. With over 1.5million hotels to choose from, Trippki has countless options for those planning their trips, as well as a variety of crypto options for users, like those wanting to pay with ETH.
Some other more notable retailers and services that accept ethereum are:
- Digitec Galaxus (the largest Swiss online retailer)
- CryptoPet (pet supplies retailer)
- PizzaForCoins (service dedicated to buying pizza with cryptocurrency)
- Snel.com (VPS hosting service)
- TapJets (private jet booking firm)
- FlokiNET (Scandinavian web hosting business)
- Laptop Power Bank
- Amagi Metals (a place to buy gold and silver with Ether)
- Bitgild (another precious metals retailer who accepts ETH)
- 1000 EcoFarms (a store to purchase fresh farm products)
- More Stamps Global (Hungarian travel agency)
As adoption of cryptocurrencies and ether are growing on daily basis, its nearly impossible to list each and every business who likes ETH. Still, hopefully this list gives you a general idea.
Using Ethereum To Pay With Crypto Debit Cards
Asides from finding retailers who accept ethereum, why don't you simply get a Visa or Mastercard crypto payments card that is linked to your exchange account and convert your crypto holdings to fiat to pay for things nearly anywhere on the go?
Crypto debit cards have more advantages than just preparing you for the decentralized future to come. For one, if you’re someone who wants to dabble in innovative crypto technology while still having a way to pay for anything requiring fiat, a crypto debit card will provide you with a great degree of flexibility.
But there are even practical benefits for doing so. Since crypto is a new industry, there are great deals to get customers using their debit cards, like no transaction fees and maintenance fees. As the amount of crypto users begins to rise, paying with Ethereum will also become a norm.
- Crypto.com Card. With up to 8% back on spending, generous rewards (especially when you stake their crypto CRO) and zero fees, Crypto.com provides a prepaid VISA card that has all the benefits of a debit card along with the added ability to spend crypto. A prepaid card is a debit card except instead of it being linked to your bank, you need to fill up your card with enough of the currency that you’re planning to use. To apply, you just need to stake CRO tokens for 180 days.
- Binance Card. The benefit of the Binance card is it having zero fees, so you don’t have to worry about processing or administrative fees. With up to 8% Cashback on services and the security of the biggest crypto exchange in the world, Binance also has a prepaid card that you can use. With the Binance Funding Wallet, you can hold your crypto until you want to spend it with the Binance Card.
- Nuri Card. Formerly known as Bitwala, the money that you have on balance in your account is how much you can spend on your debit card. If you have the Euro in your account, you’ll be able to spend the money in it in over 30 million locations worldwide.
- Bitpanda Card. In addition to crypto, the Bitpanda Card allows you to spend metals. As a Visa Card, it is accepted by 54million+ merchants all over the world. With 0.5% to 2% cashback on every transaction, as well as payment and transaction history with the app, Bitpanda offers a debit solution that is as competitive as several other options on the market.
Nowadays, there are a multitude of platforms that you can use to pay with ethereum, with crypto getting closer to mainstream adoption and lots of payment methods opening up that allow you to pay with many widely used cryptocurrencies. With all of these payment methods out right now, and the continuing growth of the ethereum platform and all the decentralized applications that are made on it, ethereum should continue to add to the growing number of companies accepting the influential crypto as a payment option. As of right now, as a payment option, it can hardly be seen as playing second fiddle to bitcoin. It definitely marches to the beat of its own drum and more people are using it in their everyday lives.