OpenSea Announces Partnership with Warner Music Group
Providing more detail, the announcement said that WMG artists will get early access to OpenSea’s new drops product, improved discoverability, and personalized storytelling on customized landing pages.
Furthermore, the artists will have their own dedicated drop pages to host limited-edition projects. This, the company argued, would “open new opportunities for fans to engage with music and artists.”
OpenSea will also be providing dedicated support in order to help WMG artists build new Web3 communities. This should further help with “introducing existing fan communities to new forms of connection and creativity powered by NFTs.”
The press release noted that,
“The first collection is currently in development with Warner Records UK in collaboration with Web3 company, Probably Nothing.”
Oana Ruxandra, Chief Digital Officer & EVP, Business Development at WMG said that community is fundamental to music’s DNA: “it’s artists and fans coming together to celebrate the music that they love.”
Per Ruxandra, the collaboration with OpenSea will help to facilitate these communities by unlocking Web3 tools and resources, which will further enable artists to “establish deeper engagement, access, and ownership.”
Per Shiva Rajaraman, OpenSea’s Vice President of Product,
“For artists and musicians, NFTs represent a new creative medium and a mechanism to build community, engage directly with fans, and express themselves across borders and languages.”
This collaboration is the latest in a series of moves from WMG to build out its Web3 expertise.
In January, it partnered with the virtual gaming world The Sandbox. In February, WMG announced it has partnered with blockchain gaming developer Splinterlands in order to give select WMG artists opportunities to create and develop play-to-earn, arcade-style blockchain games. Then in June, it participated in a strategic funding round for US-based Authentic Artists, a metaverse- and blockchain-related music platform.
- Warner Music Goes for Blockchain Gaming
- Is Disney About to Make its Big Crypto Move into NFT, Metaverse and DeFi?
- Here’s How Web3 Can Wipe Out Issues the Ticketing Industry Has Faced for Decades
- Celebrities Matt Damon, Gwyneth Paltrow, Larry David Mocked for Crypto Promotions in New South Park Movie, Albeit in a Terrible Way
- For His First NFT, Jim Carrey Skips Punks, Apes & Goblins - Goes for 'Nature's Relentless Reinvention'
- Ukrainian Eurovision Winner Sells NFTs in Support of Ukraine’s Defense