Kraken Enters NFT Game with Waitlist for New Multi-Chain Marketplace
The new marketplace, dubbed Kraken NFT, will work across multiple blockchains, with “zero gas fees” for trades within the platform, Kraken wrote in a blog post announcing its plans on Tuesday.
The exchange added that the absence of gas fees means NFT collectors can build their collections without having to worry that spikes in network activity will impact the cost of an NFT purchase.
Unlike what is common on major marketplaces like OpenSea, NFTs on Kraken’s new platform can be paid for in any cryptoasset the exchange supports, as well as in six fiat currencies
Kraken has so far not confirmed when the new marketplace will be launched.
The planned launch means that Kraken is now following in the footsteps of its competitors such as Binance, OKX, and Coinbase, which have also launched NFT marketplaces under their brands. The latter launched as a beta version for selected users as recently as last month, after more than 1 million users had signed up on a waitlist for the marketplace.
– Elon Musk NFT First to Enter Ukrainian Hall of Fame and You Can’t Buy It
– DeFi Transactions at One-Year Low, NFTs and Games Standing Strong
– NFTs in 2022: From Word of the Year to Mainstream Adoption & New Use Cases
– Here’s How NFT Owners Trade and What Tools They Use
– Can You Truly Own Anything in the Metaverse? Blockchains and NFTs Don’t Protect Virtual Property