06 Oct 2022 · 3 min read
Crypto News Summary: Hiro Integrates w/ Ledger, SWIFT Lays Out Global CBDC Blueprint, Greenidge Generation Looking to Raise up to $22.8M
Get your daily, bite-sized digest of cryptoasset and blockchain-related news – investigating the stories flying under the radar of today’s crypto news.
- Hiro, the developer tools for Stacks, announced a wallet integration with hardware wallet provider Ledger. Per an announcement shared with Cryptonews.com, developers building on the Stacks ecosystem will now be able to directly connect their Ledger devices to the Hiro Wallet web extension for accessing their hardware wallets and using them with apps and smart contracts.
- Financial messaging system SWIFT has laid out its blueprint for a global central bank digital currency (CBDC) network following an 8-month experiment on different technologies and currencies, Reuters reported. The trial involved both France and Germany's national central banks, as well as global lenders like HSBC, UBS, and Standard Chartered.
- Crypto miner Greenidge Generation is looking to raise up to $22.8 million as part of a Class A common stock offer. Per a US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filing, the new capital will be used for “paying or refinancing all or a portion of our indebtedness at the time, and funding acquisitions, capital expenditures, and working capital.”
- Toronto-based crypto lending firm Ledn will acquire Canadian asset manager Arxnovum for an undisclosed fee, per a press release. The deal is expected to close before the end of the year and will see Arxnovum become Ledn Asset Management, an asset management subsidiary of Ledn.
- Asset management firm GoldenTree has taken a $5.3 million stake in the governance token for SushiSwap. "We want Sushi to succeed and wish to engage with the Sushi community, but ultimately we trust the core team and the community to hear views and come to their own conclusions," the company wrote in a post.
- Malaysian digital services company MYEG has launched the pilot for its cross border trade financing solution Zetrix TradeFi (ZTF) with the financial services group AmBank, said a press release. In the pilot, ZTF will connect Malaysian businesses with their Chinese counterparties to enable cross border Sino-Malaysian financial and trade connectivity. The platform leverages the immutability of the blockchain and document digitisation to enhance the credit management and disbursements involved in cross border trade, they said.
- Investment company abrdn has today joined the Hedera Governing Council as the first buyside finance and asset management company on the Council. Per a press release, abrdn is currently examining future prospects for the tokenization of investment funds, using Hedera, with the aim of listing these on a digital exchange.
- Binance got a license to operate in Kazakhstan, according to a press release. Gleb Kostarev, the company’s head of Asia operations, told The Daily Forkast that Binance is looking at various countries where it plans to expand, mentioning the Philippines and Turkey as possible countries of interest.
- MakerDAO, a decentralized finance (DeFi) lending protocol and the creator of DAI, announced the strategic investment of $500M (converted from DAI 500M) into a combination of US Short Treasuries and Investment Grade Corporate Bonds. Per a press release, the move, which will be initiated by DeFi asset advisor Monetalis, aims to diversify MakerDAO’s balance sheet into scalable legacy finance investments, limiting exposure to any one asset and expanding revenue streams. The allocation of DAI will also promote the usability of digital assets in the traditional space.
- Minti Labs, the team behind the IMSA Fastlane marketplace, announced an exclusive partnership with Dapper Wallet by Dapper Labs, the company behind NBA Top Shot. The partnership will enable IMSA Fastlane account holders to buy, trade, sell, and store their IMSA Highlights digital collectibles.