Ukraine Launches NFT Museum of War to Help its Army and Civilians
Today, Ukraine launched an "NFT museum" - Meta History: Museum of War - in order to raise additional funds to support its army and civilians, attacked by Russia. NFT sales are estimated to start in four days.
The mission of the project is to "preserve the memory of the real events of that time, to spread truthful information among the digital community in the world, and to collect donations for the support of Ukraine," the Ministry of Digital Transformation said on the website of the project.
According to them, these NFTs are facts accompanied by personal reflections.
"The formula of each NFT is clear and simple: each token is a real news piece from an official source and an illustration from artists, both Ukrainian and international," the ministry said.
NFTs will be created in chronological order and "artists will depict how the war is perceived by the peaceful population of sovereign Ukraine — from its full outbreak to the moment of Ukrainian victory celebration," per the website.
NFTs will be sold for ETH 0.15 (USD 468) per piece.
As reported, Ukraine canceled a much-talked-about "airdrop" to people who have donated crypto to the country and decided to launch an NFT project.
As previously reported, those who wish to donate (be it in crypto or fiat) have increasingly more options to choose from (just be careful of the increasing number of scams too), some of which include:
- Come Back Alive, a non-profit that supports Ukraine’s armed forces;
- The Kyiv Independent, Ukraine-based independent news outlet;
- The National Bank of Ukraine opened a special fundraising account to support the Armed Forces of Ukraine;
- The Ministry of Defense of Ukraine is also asking for donations for logistical and medical support of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in UAH;
- Hospitallers, a volunteer paramedic organization. Accepts crypto too.
- The Return Alive Foundation (accepts BTC, EUR, USD);
- UkraineDAO, launched by a member of the famous Russian feminist punk protest group Pussy Riot and NFT collectives Trippy Labs and PleasrDAO;
- Unchain Foundation, a charity started by the Ukrainian blockchain community.
- Ukraine Now Accepts Donations in 14 Cryptoassets
- How to Responsibly Donate to Ukrainian Causes
(Updated at 16:45 UTC with additional details and a tweet.)