08 Sep 2021 · 2 min read
New USD 750M Crypto Investor, Blockchain Racing + More News
Get your daily, bite-sized digest of cryptoasset and blockchain-related news – investigating the stories flying under the radar of today’s crypto news.
- Billionaire hedge fund manager Alan Howard-backed private equity firm 10T Holdings raised USD 750m for its first fund to pursue investments in fast-growing crypto companies, Bloomberg reported. The firm has already deployed about 80% in mid-to-late stage companies in the ecosystem for digital assets, it added.
- Blockchain project SubQuery has announced a USD 9m funding round co-led by investors Arrington Capital, DCG, and Stratos Technologies. The company is working towards creating a marketplace for data indexing and provisioning in order to improve access to decentralized data on the blockchain.
- Technology firm Axoni has announced that investment giant BlackRock has started using Axoni’s distributed ledger network for equity swaps called Veris. This platform allows for all parties on a trade to match and confirm all trade terms upfront and remain synchronized on post-trade events such as amendments, positions, and cash flows through the lifecycle of the swap.
- The Invesco Mutual Fund has filed with the Securities and Exchange Board of India to launch a mutual fund that invests in blockchain companies. According to the filing, the mutual fund is “very high” risk and primarily invests in units of Invesco’s Elwood Global Blockchain UCITS overseas exchange traded fund (ETF).
- Eden Network, a priority transaction network that protects Ethereum (ETH) traders from malicious MEV and arbitrary reordering, said they have closed a USD 17.4m round of strategic investment, led by Multicoin Capital with support from Jump Capital, Alameda Research, Wintermute, GSR, Defiance Capital, Joshua Lim, and Andre Cronje.
- Digital entertainment company Animoca Brands and decentralized game Yield Guild Games have announced the first YGG Cup tournament in REVV Racing, an action arcade automobile racing blockchain game. The tournament will have a prize pool of USD 150,000 and will take place between September 10th and 16th, 2021.
- Australian upstart payments outfit Afterpay, recently acquired by Twitter, says that Australian merchants could "benefit considerably" by transacting with cryptocurrencies instead of traditional payment cards, slashing fees being paid to card issuers, banks, and the operators of payments rails.
- West Realm Shires Services Inc. and FTX Trading Limited, the companies behind crypto platforms FTX.US and FTX.COM respectively, have announced a long-term partnership with NBA star Stephen Curry. Along with being an FTX global ambassador, Curry will receive an equity stake in FTX Trading Limited, while Curry's foundation, Eat.Learn.Play., will partner with FTX on charitable initiatives.
- Investment company Arcane Crypto AB, through its subsidiary Arcane Green Data Services, announced it has entered into a purchase agreement to acquire 352 Antminer s19 Pro (110 TH/s) Bitcoin (BTC) mining hardware, representing a total of 38,720 TH of computing power, at a total cost of approximately SEK 35m (USD 4m). They expect them to be operational during the third quarter of 2021.