How to Responsibly Donate to Ukrainian Causes
Beth Gazley, Professor of Public and Environmental Affairs, O’Neill School, Indiana University.
As previously reported, those who wish to donate (be it in crypto or fiat) have increasingly more options to choose from (just be careful of the increasing number of scams too), some of which include:
- Come Back Alive, a non-profit that supports Ukraine’s armed forces;
- The Kyiv Independent, Ukraine-based independent news outlet;
- The National Bank of Ukraine opened a special fundraising account to support the Armed Forces of Ukraine;
- The Ministry of Defense of Ukraine is also asking for donations for logistical and medical support of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in UAH;
- Hospitallers, a volunteer paramedic organization. Accepts crypto too.
- The Return Alive Foundation (accepts BTC, EUR, USD);
- UkraineDAO, launched by a member of the famous Russian feminist punk protest group Pussy Riot and NFT collectives Trippy Labs and PleasrDAO;
- Unchain Foundation, a charity started by the Ukrainian blockchain community.
– Ukraine Crypto Donations Exceed USD 63M
– Russian Oligarchs Unlikely to Use Crypto to Dodge Sanctions – Coinbase CEO
– Crypto Payments Firm CoinGate Partners with Ukraine Central Bank and IBS to Enable More Crypto Donations
– Ukraine Cancels Crypto Airdrop, Says It Plans to Issue NFTs Instead
– Impostors Are Trying to Trick Ukrainian Crypto Donors via Phishing Websites and Fake Donation Addresses