Bitcoin in Kenya w/ Roselyne Wanjiru
In this video, Anita Posch, host of Bitcoin & Co podcast, hosts a guest from Kenya, Roselyne Wanjiru, who is the Director of Growth & User Acquisition at Pesabase and an advocate for the digital economy in Kenya.
According to Roselyne, Bitcoin brings numerous advantages over traditional banking systems. In her words:
"Bitcoin does not require an ID, does not require your tax ID, does not require any other major documentation. It just requires you to have an email address and that’s it. And that’s really huge."
The topics they cover in this episode include:
- Roselyne’s Bitcoin story
- Her educational efforts regarding cryptocurrencies
- Why Bitcoin is especially important for Africa
- Main characteristics of Kenya
- Economical situation
- Women’s rights and financial situation
- Effects of Covid-19
- Bitcoin use-cases in Kenya
The video was first published on November 26, 2020.