Ukrainian Government to Launch an NFT Collection as a ‘War Museum’
The Ukrainian deputy minister of digital transformation, Alex Bornyakov, confirmed that the government will be launching a non-fungible token (NFT) collection, as a historical account of the atrocities currently happening in the country, attacked by Russia.
The Guardian has quoted Bornyakov as saying that,
The NFT collection would be “like a museum of the Russian-Ukrainian war. We want to tell the world in NFT format.”
Bornyakov further added that each token will carry a piece of art that represents a story from a trusted news source, stating:
“We want it to be cool, good-looking, and it takes time.”
It was announced several days ago that the previously discussed airdrop will be canceled, with NFTs taking its place.
Speaking of Ukraine’s “digital diplomacy”, Bornyakov claimed that it had brought results, as a number of social media platforms – which he described as one of Kremlin’s weapons in this war – are blocking Russian state media content or labeling it. “Most of their weapons are disabled. At this point, after two weeks. So this is what I’m calling positive results,” he said last week.
The donations via crypto and NFTs keep coming into the country as well, with Bornyakov saying recently that the funds are being used to buy military equipment, among other necessities.
Crypto assets proved extremely helpful in facilitation of funding flows to the Amed Forces of Ukraine. Huge thanks to everyone who donated to the Crypto Fund of Ukraine.— Alex Bornyakov (@abornyakov) March 11, 2022
Each and every helmet and vest bought via crypto donations is currently saving Ukrainian soilders' lives. pic.twitter.com/CghDmXEcJG
Per SlowMist AML data, crypto-related donations to Ukraine reached almost USD 77m today. It was USD 69m a week ago. At the time of writing, bitcoin (BTC) trades at around USD 39,000 and is up almost 2% in a week.
– Check These Ukraine NFT Projects Against the Russian Invasion
– Ukraine Outlets Offer Exclusive Content Behind an NFT Paywall
– How to Responsibly Donate to Ukrainian Causes
– Kraken to Distribute USD 10M to Ukrainian Clients, Total Donations ‘Close to USD 100M’
– Ukraine Deputy Minister Praises Crypto Efficiency; Donations Spent on Military Necessities
– Japanese Crypto Exchanges Told to Block Sanctioned Russians’ Crypto Transactions
– As New Crypto Sanction Screening Tool Launched, Tornado Cash Keeps Mixing and FBI Chimes In