Ukraine Starts Its War-Themed NFT Sale as Russia Keeps Killing Innocent People
These NFTs are now available for ETH 0.15 (USD 511) apiece.
The collection is currently comprised of an increasing number of NFTs – each of them is an actual news piece from an official source, in chronological order, and illustrations come from both Ukrainian and international artists.
By selling these NFTs, Ukraine aims to raise additional funds to support its army and civilians which have been under Russian invasion for more than a month now.
In the world of massive amounts of misinformation and propaganda, the Ministry of Digital Transformation said that the mission of the project is to “preserve the memory of the real events of that time, to spread truthful information among the digital community in the world, and to collect donations for the support of Ukraine.”
The website states,
“We will never let any single day of this period disappear from the ledger of world history.”
Prior to announcing the NFT project, Ukraine pondered an “airdrop” to people who have donated crypto to the country, but they decided against it and have turned towards the museum project instead.
“The blockchain community provided strong support for Ukraine in the first month of the war. I resonate with the idea of the global crypto community: the solidarity of the best minds around breakthrough technologies. After all, digital technologies are already significantly helping Ukrainians in the fight for the future. The development of the hi-tech economy is extremely important for the stability of Ukraine,” Ukraine’s Deputy Minister of Digital Transformation, Alex Bornyakov, said.
As previously reported, those who wish to donate (be it in crypto or fiat) have increasingly more options to choose from (just be careful of the increasing number of scams too), some of which include:
- Come Back Alive, a non-profit that supports Ukraine’s armed forces;
- The Kyiv Independent, Ukraine-based independent news outlet;
- The National Bank of Ukraine opened a special fundraising account to support the Armed Forces of Ukraine;
- The Ministry of Defense of Ukraine is also asking for donations for logistical and medical support of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in UAH;
- Hospitallers, a volunteer paramedic organization. Accepts crypto too.
- The Return Alive Foundation (accepts BTC, EUR, USD);
- UkraineDAO, launched by a member of the famous Russian feminist punk protest group Pussy Riot and NFT collectives Trippy Labs and PleasrDAO;
- Unchain Foundation, a charity started by the Ukrainian blockchain community.