Scott Lawin, CEO of Candy Digital, on the Intersection of Web3, The Sports Industry, and Community
Scott M. Lawin is CEO/COO of Candy Digital, Inc., a next-generation sports and culture digital asset platform, providing authentic objects and experiences that deepen fan engagement and connect people to their passions.
Before launching Candy, Mr. Lawin founded Parametric, LP, a private investment and advisory firm focused on early-stage opportunities in blockchain, fintech, art, and real estate. From 2010-2017, Mr. Lawin was the Chief Operating Officer of Moore Capital Management, a $15bn global alternative investment management company. Prior to joining Moore, Mr. Lawin served as Chief Operating Officer of the Liquid Markets business at Fortress Investment Group following a 12-year career at Goldman, Sachs & Co.
Mr. Lawin serves on the Boards of Art Money and Srinidhi Investment Group and is an Advisor to the MIT MET Fund, Stonyrock Partners, Dore Partnership, 24/7Office, and Streetlinx. He is the Founder of Museum of the Street, Vice-Chairman and Director of Hudson River Park Friends, and an Advisory Board member of JUST Capital and The Kitchen.
Mr. Lawin earned his BS in Architecture from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1993 and is a Founding member of the Dean’s Advisory Committee for the MIT School of Architecture and Planning. He and his family reside in Tribeca in New York City.
In this conversation, we discuss:
– Building businesses and connecting with communities
– Partnerships and collaboration in the Business of Content and IP Ownership
– Exploring the impact of NFTs on fans in the digital landscape
– NFTs and their influence on content creators and monetization
– Forming and developing partnerships
– Collaborating with brands and institutions
– The intersection of technology and finance
– NFTs and digital innovations
– Mainstream adoption
– Unlocks around crypto and web3
– Democratization and participation of artists