Grace “Ori” Kwan on Solana-Based DeFi and Orca | CryptoNews Podcast #168
Grace “Ori” Kwan is a programmer, designer, illustrator, and Co-Founder of Orca. Her specialty is creating simple, human-centered interfaces for deeply technical fields.
Upon graduating from Stanford with a B.S. and M.S. in Computer Science, she started her career as a software engineer at Coursera in the Bay Area. After that, she became an Interaction Designer at IDEO's Tokyo studio, which gave her a deep appreciation for the many and varied meanings of "good design." Outside of the space, Ori dabbles as a food writer and has contributed stories to Gastro Obscura.
In this conversation, we discuss:
- Design fundamentals; talking to people and finding solutions to problems
- Society rewarding specialists over generalists
- Orca DeFi - Orca’s climate footprint
- Measuring energy consumption via SDKs and validators
- Solana being energy efficient in contrast to the Solana Conference
- How Web3 leaders can support climate initiatives
- DeFi lego
- The smart router
- Creating value and not just moving value around
- Reality of NFT value
- Living in Mexico City
- Being a food writer