Deniz Dalkilic, CTO of MRHB, Halal Defi, Tokenizing Commodities, and Decentralizing Cloud Computing
Deniz Dalkilic is the CTO of MRHB and Co-Founder of Paribus.
Deniz has a Master of Science in Computer Software Engineering from the City University of London and a strong software development career for over ten years. Scouted by Tottenham Hotspur FC at 13, Deniz was actively involved in football until interrupted by certain health issues, whereupon he decided to pursue software engineering instead.
Deniz worked in the Web2 world with startups and large corporations – he was the Engineering Lead at Vodafone and the Senior Software Engineer at Thomson Reuters as well as the Software Engineer Lead at Capgemini, where he developed software solutions for clients including Royal Mail, Pole Star Space Applications and Lloyd’s Register.
In 2018, Deniz ventured into the blockchain space and has since co-founded two Web3 companies: decentralized bounty management platform BountyOx, where he was CTO for two years until 2020, and Paribus in 2021, a Cardano-powered cross-chain borrowing and lending protocol for NFTs, liquidity positions, synthetics, and yield-bearing assets.
In the latter half of 2021, Deniz joined MRHB DeFi as the Chief Technology Officer, where he is in charge of the company’s product and architecture development.
In this conversation, we discuss:
- Decentralizing cloud computing for the Web3 industry
- Benefits of tokenizing commodities
- What is Halal DeFi?
- Challenges of building a Halal DeFi platform
- How staking works from a Halal point of view
- Importance of philanthropy for Muslims
- Decentralized philanthropy (an upcoming MRHB DeFi product)
- Traditional methods of giving to charity
- Being scouted by Tottenham Hotspur at the age of 13