Ukrainian Eurovision Winner Sells NFTs in Support of Ukraine’s Defense
Kalush Orchestra, the Ukrainian winner of this year’s Eurovision Song Contest, will sell non-fungible tokens (NFTs) featuring a microphone and the name ‘Kalush Orchestra’ in support of Ukraine’s national defense against the Russian invasion.
In addition to getting the NFT itself, potential buyers will also get the chance to attend “an exclusive meeting and dinner” with members of Kalush Orchestra, according to an announcement. It added that the NFT buyer who makes the biggest donation to the cause will also have the chance to receive a physical crystal microphone.
The NFT auction will happen alongside the giveaway of several physical objects used by the band, including a pink bucket hat and a glass microphone trophy. The objects will be given away in exchange for the largest contribution to help the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
The announcement further said that contributions can be made in the form of fiat or cryptocurrency paid to a wallet belonging to the Serhiy Prytula Foundation.
The raffle initiative is supported by Ukraine’s Ministry of Culture and Information Policy, the Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine, and the European Broadcasting Union (EBU).
Stefania by Kalush Orchestra:
- Watch & 'Invest in Peace': Ukrainian Deputy PM Raps to Encourage More Crypto Donations
- Ukraine's New Fundraising Platform Supports Over 100 Cryptos
- Crypto Helps Ukraine Defend Itself Against Russia's Invasion, Here’s How You Can Contribute
- Crypto-Powered Ukrainian Charity Launches Debit Card for War Victims
- Ukraine Doubles Down on Crypto-Friendly Regulation Efforts, Aims for Top Spot