Shiba Inu Steps Into the Metaverse, LEASH Token Soars
The price of LEASH, a token in the Shiba Inu (SHIB) ecosystem, jumped by nearly 50% today after the team behind it announced its plans to build a virtual world – a metaverse – and said LEASH holders will be the first to get access to new digital land as it becomes available.
As of 12:19 UTC, LEASH token traded at USD 1,866, up by 49% for the past 24 hours and 129% for the past 7 days. Meanwhile, Shiba Inu’s original SHIB token stood at USD 0.0000318, down by 3% for the day and up by 46% for the week.
“The Metaverse is set to be one of the biggest areas within crypto for many to enjoy,” the team behind Shiba Inu wrote on its blog, adding that, “like everything Shib does, we will lead this Metaverse sector.”
The “Shiba Lands” will be available for purchase or auctions with LEASH tokens “really soon,” the blog post said, explaining that a queue system is being worked on for interested buyers to ensure that community members who hold LEASH tokens get early access.
Additionally, the team also said it is working on an “anti-dump system” for LEASH tokens. The system is intended to “protect LEASH holders,” the team said, without going into further specifics.
“Owning a piece of Shiba Real Estate will bring an array of benefits! We are not stopping, this is just the beginning,” the Shiba Inu team wrote.
- Why and How Crypto Will Rule Metaverse
- Real Estate in the Metaverse Is Booming. Is It Really Such a Crazy Idea?
- People ‘Will Spend 1 Hour a Day in Metaverse in Four Years’ Time, Predicts Gartner
- Crypto Tech Trends in 2022: UX, Scalability, Metaverse Applications, and Bitcoin Integrations
- Crypto Investment Trends in 2022: Brace for More Institutions and Meme Manias
- Other Dog (and Cat)-Themed Coins Pump as Shiba Inu and Dogecoin Keep Fighting