Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin to Publish Compilation of His Writings
With summer nearing its end and autumn, a boom time for booksellers across the world, approaching, Ethereum (ETH) co-founder Vitalik Buterin is joining the race for this year’s crypto-related bestseller with the forthcoming release of Proof of Stake, a compilation of his writings from the past 10 years.
The title is to be released as both a physical and digital book on 27 September, Buterin tweeted. His entire share of the proceeds from the book is to support open-source public goods through Gitcoin Grants, the author said.
Interested readers can get a signed digital copy of Proof of Stake and a related NFT here.
“Donate any amount of ETH above to receive an NFT and digitally signed book from Vitalik. You'll mint a non-transferable NFT and, when the book is available, you'll gain access to your signed digital copy,” according to the site.
For pledges made on the book’s official site, 90% of the funds will be allocated to the Gitcoin Grants matching pool, and 10% to the title’s publisher, Seven Stories Press, for supporting public goods in independent publishing.
To ensure its wide distribution, readers will also be able to buy the book from a wide range of retailers such as Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Walmart.
“These writings, collected from his essays before and during the rise of Ethereum, reveal Buterin to be a vivid and imaginative writer, with context from media studies scholar Nathan Schneider,” says the blurb on the site. “While many around him were focused on seeing the value of their tokens rise, he was working through the problems and possibilities of crafting an Internet-native world.”
- Ethereum's Vitalik Buterin Lists 'Worthwhile' Ideas for Developers to Work On
- 6 Key Points in Vitalik Buterin's Vision for Ethereum Presented at EthCC
- Top Blockchain Non-Financial Applications According to Vitalik Buterin
- Vitalik Buterin Says His Influence Over Ethereum Diminishing, Harder to Make Things Happen
- Vitalik Buterin Makes Low-key USD 5M ETH Donations in Support of Ukraine
- Vitalik Buterin Over the Past Decade: How Right or Wrong Was He?