BREAKING! Samsung Adds Crypto Wallet to Its New Flagship Galaxy S10
South Korean tech giant Samsung just made major announcement that might give a strong boost to the cryptocurrency mass adoption. The company confirmed that its new flagship smartphone Galaxy S10 features "a secure storage backed by hardware, which houses your private keys for blockchain-enabled mobile services."
The company did not provide any further details about the storage yet.
As details are scarce, many are wondering what “hardware storage” the company announced and why it wasn’t mentioned during keynote presentations. Read more about it here.
Meanwhile, videos started to appear supposedly showing the Samsung Blockchain Wallet:
🇰🇷 - Samsung now priming their phones with Blockchain tutorials. The wallet integration on the Galaxy S10 has been confirmed... even after they denied it. Trying to keep Apple on their toes? pic.twitter.com/wAd7EaPzKw— Korean Cryptocurrency & Blockchain News (@BlockchainROK) February 21, 2019
Galaxy S10: Official Introduction
Preorders for the Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+ and Galaxy S10e begins on February 21. Pricing starts at USD 899.99 for Galaxy S10, USD 999.99 for Galaxy S10+ and USD 749.99 for Galaxy S10e, according to the company.
As reported, in January, Samsung once again found itself in another round of claims that its new phone will feature a crypto wallet.
Supposedly leaked images that were published by concept designer Ben Geskin and several other known tech leakers on Twitter showed what appeared to be the new Samsung Galaxy S10 phone with a built-in crypto wallet called “Samsung Blockchain KeyStore.”
As South Korean blockchain consultant Kim Mi-ra previously told Cryptonews.com, “If Samsung phones do indeed come with cryptocurrency wallets pre-installed, it will change everything – it may open the floodgates for smartphone developers over the world, as well as many South Korean firms. Many of these companies are now chomping at the bit, waiting for a chance to integrate their businesses with cryptocurrency.”
Korean news outlets also speculated that Samsung may seek to integrate the wallet function with its Samsung Pay, a mobile payment and digital wallet service, operations.
Smartphone unit shipments of Samsung worldwide by quarter from 2010 to 2018 (in million units):
In December, the tech giant rejected claims that it plans to release a cold storage crypto vault on its Galaxy S10 phone, saying it is nothing but rumors. However, Samsung has previously filed three trademarks to be registered with the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO). It includes “Blockchain key box”, “Blockchain Core” and “Blockchain KeyStore”.
“Blockchain phones” have been a hot topic of discussion several times over the past months and years. Phones such as HTC's Exodus 1, Sirin Labs' Finney and Pundi X's XPhone have been announced in recent months. In addition, another South Korean electronics firm, LG is also reportedly working on a secret crypto project.
Galaxy Unpacked 2019 live stream from San Francisco:
Some other specifics and features of the Galaxy S10 series:
- Galaxy S10 is made with Samsung’s best screen yet, the world’s first Dynamic AMOLED display
- Ultra Wide Lens: A first for the S Series, Galaxy S10 offers an Ultra Wide Lens with a 123-degree field of view, like the human eye.
- Samsung introduces Wireless PowerShare on Galaxy S10, making it possible to easily charge Qi-certified smartphone devices and even compatible wearable devices.
- Smartphone supports 5G networking technology, which allows "to download a full season of a TV show in minutes."
- The new AI software on the Galaxy S10 automatically optimizes battery, CPU, RAM, and even device temperature based on how you use your phone, and continues to learn and get better over time.
- Galaxy S10 comes with Intelligent Wi-Fi that allows for an uninterrupted and safe connection by seamlessly switching between Wi-Fi and LTE, as well as alerting you of potentially risky Wi-Fi connections.
- You will get the largest storage capacity available on a Galaxy device—the S10+ even comes with 1TB of built-in storage –and the ability to add an additional 512GB microSD card for up to 1.5TB.