Bitcoin Spikes Above USD 61K, Ethereum Hits New ATH
The crypto market started this weekend in green, with the most popular cryptocurrency, bitcoin (BTC), jumping above USD 61,000 for the first time in almost a month, while the dominant smart contract platform, ethereum (ETH), reached its new all-time high (ATH) against USD.
At 07:12 UTC, BTC trades at USD 60,511, correcting lower from 61,206, reached earlier today. The price is up by almost 5% in a day and more than 2% in a week.
BTC price chart:
At the same time, ETH is up by 4.5% in a day, trading at USD 2,165, after it hit USD 2,198, or its new ATH (per Coingecko) today. The price is up by 1.5% in a week.
This is not how an asset in a bubble forms a top, it is how it consolidates at it's first target. $btcusd https://t.co/6nUbN819L8— Krokz (@krokotar)
@TheCryptoDog Yes $BTC https://t.co/lp0ajWLRua— Crypto Altology (@Crypto_Altology)
- Unlike Bitcoin, Ethereum's ATH Was Driven by Relatively Small Demand - Analyst
- Volatility Is Crypto’s Best Friend
- Coinbase Listing Won't Help Bitcoin Price - Analyst
- Traders Issue Warnings as Altcoins are Booming and Bitcoin Consolidates
- Bitcoin Market Changed 'Radically' & Volatility Decline Attracts Institutions
(Updated at 07:43 UTC with reactions.)