These Stocks Have Fallen More Than Bitcoin Year-to-Date
This year has undeniably been horrible for bitcoin (BTC) investors. But if it’s any comfort, some in the stock market have suffered even more.
While BTC is down about 52% year-to-date, a number of companies in the important S&P 500 stock index are in fact down significantly more over the same time period.
In descending order, these are the stocks in the S&P 500 that in terms of year-to-date performance have performed worse than BTC, per data from TradingView’s stock screener at the time of writing:
- Netflix (NFLX): down 71.8%
- Etsy (ETSY): down 67.4%
- Align Technology (ALGN): down 62.9%
- PayPal (PAYPL): down 60.9%
- Caesars Entertainment (CZR): down 57.6%
- Epam Systems (EPAM): down 57.5%
- Ceridian HCM Holding (CDAY): down 55%
- Moderna (MRNA): down 53.9%
- Bath and Body Works (BBWI): down 52.9%.
As can be seen, there are still some investors who are even more unlucky than bitcoin holders.
However, keep in mind that the S&P 500 does consist of 500 companies. And given that we could only find 9 companies that performed worse than BTC, it’s safe to say that most in the stock market have fared better than bitcoin investors this year.
- Bitcoin, Ethereum & Crypto Test New Lows as Market Braces for Bigger Rate Hike on Wednesday
- Crypto & Stocks 'Decoupling' Prediction Flops but There's Still Hope
- Bullish Sentiment Returns to Gold as Bitcoin Underperforms
- Top NFT Collections See Price Crash Amid Crypto Market Panic