Oliver Linch, CEO of Bittrex Global, on Developing Regulatory Framework for A Digital Asset Economy
Oliver Linch is CEO of Bittrex Global, one of the world’s most secure digital asset exchanges. Oliver has over a decade of experience as a financial regulatory lawyer, having advised major investment banks, exchanges, and leading financial institutions on regulatory matters across the EEA, UK, and US.
During his tenure with a leading global law firm, Oliver specialized in various areas of financial regulatory advisory work, with particular expertise in advising exchanges, clearing houses, and other financial market infrastructure companies, as well as payment service providers. Oliver’s extensive legislative and regulatory drafting experience includes advising special economic zones around the world on devising and drafting new regulatory regimes, particularly focusing on financial regulation and fintech.
In this conversation, we discuss:
– Developing the regulatory framework for a digital asset economy
– Dubai, Singapore, Hong Kong moving the needle for crypto regulation
– Asset protection and transparency
– Crypto industry in Bermuda
– Security, innovation, regulation
– Battling the SEC
– Without knowing the rules, you can’t win
– Winning back people’s trust