Joe Lubin on Why Assets Are Moving from Wall Street to Crypto
In this video, BlockWorks' Jason Yanowitz interviews Joe Lubin, Co-Founder of Ethereum and CEO and Founder of ConsenSys. They discuss where Bitcoin falls short, Joe leaving Wall Street for Crypto, founding Ethereum and ConsenSys, why forks can be good for progress, and Joe's real motivators.
- 00:00 ・ Introductions
- 02:00 ・ Lubin's introduction to computer science
- 07:20 ・ Comparing crypto to '93 internet
- 08:09 ・ Joe's first plunge into finance
- 10:08 ・ Bitcoin vs. Occupy Wallstreet
- 16:17 ・ Founding Ethereum with 8 people
- 20:10 ・ Horizontal hierarchy at ConsenSys?
- 25:13 ・ Will Ethereum survive?
- 31:07 ・ Lubin's biggest motivators
- 32:15 ・ RAPID FIRE - What founder do you admire?
- 32:39 ・ RAPID FIRE - Biggest life hack?
- 33:48 ・ RAPID FIRE - How much sleep do you get?
- 34:06 ・ RAPID FIRE - What do you want to be remembered for?
- 34:43 ・ JASON ANSWERS - What is the point of Empire?
The episode premiered on March 11, 2021.