Crypto.com App to Accept Apple Pay for Crypto Purchases in US
According to an announcement from Crypto.com, the company’s app will from now on allow users to buy crypto seamlessly using Apple Pay, a popular mobile payment solution that comes built-in on all Apple iPhones.
For now, the new payment option is only available to users in the US, excluding residents of New York state and US Territories.
Crypto.com stated that the feature will be rolled out “progressively” to other countries in the future.
To use the new payment option, users will need to first add their debit or credit card to the Apple Wallet on their iPhone. From there on, Apple’s payment app can easily be used to pay for crypto purchases, the announcement said.
Per the purchasing instructions, there is an “a 2.99% [processing fee] required for every card purchase.”
– CRO Trims Losses as Crypto.com Scraps Plan to Cut Rewards After Community Backlash
– Crypto Payments on Shopify
– Apple Pay and Google Pay to Become Unusable with Cards from Sanctioned Russian Banks
– PayPal Allows Users to Transfer Crypto to External Wallets and Exchanges
– Visa Rolls out Multiple ‘Bitcoin Cashback’ Cards with Partners in Brazil, Argentina
– Mastercard to Enable Direct NFT Payment Options for Marketplace Operators