Nihar Neelakanti, CEO of Ecosapiens, on Blockchain-Based Carbon Tracking and more
Nihar Neelakanti is the Co-Founder and CEO of Ecosapiens, a VC-backed platform enabling consumers to fight climate change through the world’s first carbon-backed NFT. Nihar previously worked in venture capital, spending several years at VCs, including Correlation Ventures, Kauffman Fellows, and most recently, at the prestigious Menlo Ventures, where he helped develop the climate thesis that sparked the idea for Ecosapiens. He is deeply fascinated by the opportunity to rethink economics in a way that regenerates the planet rather than extracts from it.
In this conversation, we discuss:
– Are we back?
– Crypto VC landscape
– Carbon tracking on the blockchain
– Web3 tech powering eco-conscious consumerism
– Invest in the environment
– How businesses can achieve their climate goals
– Growing in a bear market
– Using NFTs to solve climate problems
– Climate tech