Kieran Warwick, Co-Founder of Illuvium, on Building AAA Blockchain Games, and Interoperability
Kieran Warwick is the Co-Founder of Illuvium and is a proven serial entrepreneur. Working alongside his brother Kain Warwick in e-commerce, Kieran was exposed to Bitcoin and Ethereum early on. His enthusiasm for the crypto space led to joining Blueshyft. While there, Kieran successfully onboarded major Australian Exchanges and started the world’s first OTC cryptocurrency exchange.
Additionally, Kieran helped The Burger Collective amass 100,000 unique reviews, 20,000 monthly web app users, and established a partnership with the global business, DoorDash. At the same time, DeFi was quickly growing, and Kieran and Kain (Synthetix.io) wanted to explore uncharted areas of opportunity. With his background and interest in trading penny stocks, Kieran wanted to pioneer a DeFi project that would be a game-changer (pun intended) for the industries it represented. With this in mind, he tapped his brother Aaron (Co-Founder/Game Designer) to develop what will be the first AAA gaming title on the Ethereum blockchain, and Illuvium was born.
In this conversation, we discuss:
- Building AAA blockchain games
- The inception story of Illuvium
- Illuvium building the first Interoperable Blockchain Game
- Launch of Season One of Illuvium Zero
- Importance of developing an IP in an industry full of subpar products
- Long term vision for Illuvium and plans to get there
- DAO voting against Kieran to bring on Zhu Su for an Illuvitar D1sk
- Creating NFT communities
- Gaming NFTs > PFP NFTs