Grant Haseley, Founder of Wagyu Games, on The Future of Web3 Gaming and Building Web3 Communities
Grant Haseley is the Executive Director and Founder of Wagyu Games, creators of Undead Blocks, the world’s first AAA play-to-earn FPS zombie shooter. Grant brings over an unparalleled passion and vision for gamer empowerment and digital asset ownership that relate to his days working in Banking. Grant was most recently a Vice President for M&T Bank, specializing in Data Analytics, and previously worked at Goldman Sachs as an Analyst in their Securities Lending division. Grant graduated with a BS in Mathematics from the University of Buffalo.
In this conversation, we discuss:
- Is Play-To-Earn here to stay?
- The future of Web3 gaming
- How to craft a Web3 community
- The future of esports in Web3
- How to attract and retain Web3 gamers
- The future of asset ownership amongst a myriad of topics
- Transition from the world of investment banking to crypto
- The partnership with Immutable - and the role the platform played in helping to launch a web3 game like Undead Blocks
- The tokenomics of Undead Blocks and how Grant is striving to make the tokens sustainable as well as giving the tokens a purpose
- Working at Goldman Sachs