Collin O’Brien on a Multiple Blockchain Future and Cross-Chain Swaps | CryptoNews Podcast #171
Collin O’Brien is the Head of Marketing at Rubic, a leading cross-chain swap service that allows users to swap assets between major blockchains in one click and with the lowest gas fees.
Collin has 15+ years of experience in marketing and sales in multiple industries, including crypto, tech, real estate, and medical equipment. He has been a crypto investor for 5+ years and almost bought 1,000+ BTC in early 2011! He also was an investor in Rubic before becoming a team member.
In this conversation, we discuss:
- Almost buying 1,000+ BTC in early 2011
- Trusting your gut
- it’s your moral compass
- Investing in Rubic and then joining the team
- Cross-chain swaps
- why are they so important?
- The future is multi-chain
- What are SDKs?
- Competition - there are usually two big behemoths
- The tedious process of cross-chain trading
- Rubic's Software Development Kit (SDK)
- How far away are we from mass adoption
- Applications being the catalyst for growth
- Cross-chain in layman's terms
- Advice to 20 year old self