Arno Bauer, Senior Solution Architect at BNB Chain, opBNB, Ethereum Killers, L1s, L2s, and Bitcoin
Arno Bauer, Senior Solution Architect at BNB Chain. With over a decade in Data Management across diverse international environments, Arno focuses on enhancing business operations through the research and application of innovative technologies. Here, he specializes in enhancing the core blockchain landscape of the BNB ecosystem and helping its growth through innovation, particularly focusing on governance model enhancements.
Arno is deeply attracted to transformative technologies, especially when applied to human science. His journey to blockchain was sparked by his fascination with new technologies and the potential of blockchain to revolutionize various industries. After studying the fundamentals and business applications of this technology through various opportunities, he enjoys contributing to a field that has the potential to significantly impact society.
In this conversation, we discuss:
– BNB launched a new layer-2 testnet called opBNB
– How opBNB will impact developers — the benefits, the future, etc.
– A look back at the past 3 years of BNB Chain and the Web3 ecosystem and what’s to come
– How Greenfield is a leader in programmable storage
– Decentralized storage
– Overwhelmed by the multiple blockchain layer-1 and layer-2 options available to choose from
– Summary of present-day L1s & L2s
– Ethereum Killers
– Arno’s journey into crypto