Andreas Antonopoulos On Why the ETH Supply Debate Is 'Silly'
Andreas M. Antonopoulos, Bitcoin speaker, educator, and author of such books like "Mastering Bitcoin" and "Mastering Ethereum," presents his case on why the Ethereum supply debate of last week is "silly" and does not matter much for the Ethereum community. Read More
In this episode of "Unconfirmed" with shows host Laura Shin, they also talk about:
- Why the question about the ETH supply is a "silly gotcha."
- What technical features of the Ethereum blockchain make it less straightforward to calculate the supply of ether.
- How the shift to Ethereum 2.0 and a proof of stake system will affect the value of ETH as money.
- Why Bitcoin and Ethereum are not natural competitors and will continue to coexist.
- How macro forces will affect Bitcoin, and whether it will ever be used as a medium of exchange in addition to a store of value.
- Whether the full Ethereum 2.0 transition will happen in time to meet DeFi demand.
- Why Bitcoin gives Ethereum the freedom to experiment.
- Why Bitcoin Cash shows that offering scaling with no community isn't enough to take market share.
- Why he supports diversity and inclusion efforts in the space.
Liked this video? Subscribe to Unchained Podcast