Yang Adija, SVP at Warner Brothers Discovery Sports, on Bleacher Report Watch To Earn and more
Yang Adija is SVP, Digital League Business Operations, Growth & Innovation for Warner Brothers Discovery Sports. He is responsible for managing the overall business operations and daily execution of strategic and tactical initiatives for digital league partnerships with the NBA and NCAA. In addition, Yang leads WBD Sports’ innovation efforts, leading to the development and launch of Blocklete Games, an original IP franchise built on the blockchain, and the organization’s industry-leading NFT efforts.
In his previous role, Yang was VP, Business Operations and Strategy for Turner NBA Digital, in which he managed NBATV, NBA.com, the NBA App and NBA League Pass and worked closely with the League on communication and execution of new business development deals, strategic partnerships, and product initiatives.
In this conversation, we discuss:
- Watch to Earn
- Navigating risk
- Identifying and hopping on trends before they become consensus
- B/R Watch to Earn (B/R W2E) is the first of-its-kind online experience and trivia game that rewards Fans for tuning into live television on TNT
- Rolling out Watch to Earn - looks, feels, and plays like native web2 tech, using web3 tech
- Climbing the ranks at publicly traded companies
- The WBD Sports umbrella consists of sports programming TNT and TBS and digital channels on Bleacher Report, NCAA.com, NBA Digital
- Managing digital league partnerships
- Leaning on multiple demographics