The EU Regulatory Framework for Cryptocurrencies
In this video, Jamie Burke, CEO of Outlier Ventures talks with Philipp Sander of the Frankfurt School of Finance & Management about the EU's new "Regulation on Markets in Crypto Assets" regulatory framework for cryptocurrencies.
This law comes into force in 2023. Jamie and Philipp seek to answer the following questions:
- Who needs an eMoney License?
- What constitutes a “crypto asset,” as well as definitions for different token subcategories?
- Will stable-coins like Tether be able to adapt or become outlawed?
- How will crypto interact with CBDCs like the Digital Euro?
- How will DeFi evolve and interact with CeFi?
The video was shared on October 8, 2020.