Secret Network, Enigma & Private Smart Contracts
In this video, Alex Saunders, the host of Nugget's News, interviews Tor Bair, executive director and chairman of the Secret Foundation and former Head of Growth at Enigma. They discuss privacy, recent changes to Enigma and Secret Network, the importance of private smart contracts, regulatory challenges for privacy coins, what's ahead for the Secret Network and Secret Foundation, and more.
- 0:00 Enigma vs Secret Network vs Secret Foundation
- 3:30 Initial vision of Enigma & importance of private smart contracts & tokens
- 6:50 Trustworthiness of data & advances in zero-knowledge proofs
- 8:20 DAO & governance model of Secret Network
- 11:35 Enigma (ENG) mainnet swap to Secret Network (SCRT)
- 14:55 Who are Secret Network's competitors?
- 17:35 Network fees, blockchain throughput & interoperability
- 21:05 Privacy for non-fungible tokens (NFTs)
- 24:55 Regulation & misconception around privacy-oriented cryptocurrencies
- 31:00 What's ahead for the Secret Network ecosystem?
- 34:30 Secret Network's protocol-level & application-level incentives
The interview was first shared on September 15, 2020.