Rashid Ajami, CEO of Metropolis World, Building a Metaverse and Synergy Between E-commerce & Crypto
Rashid Ajami is the Co-Founder & CEO of Metropolis World, a metaverse experience and virtual landscape comprised of stunning art, a physi-digital marketplace, and an immersive itinerary of curated programming, perks, and events.
Rashid is also an electronic music producer and sound design artist based in London. He has released critically acclaimed tracks on renowned labels such as Anjunadeep, Get Physical, Noir, Tale + Tone, TOR, and Armada Electronic Elements. He’s collaborated with electronic music heavyweights Booka Shade and Julia Govor, been remixed by the likes of Maya Jane Coles and Ramon Tapia, supported by Pete Tong on BBC Radio 1, as well as featuring in some of the world’s biggest music titles such as Rolling Stone, Mixmag, DJ Mag and Clash.
In this conversation, we discuss:
- Metropolis World’s metaverse experience
- Moving from music industry to crypto
- Secret sauce of building in a bear market
- Building an immersive world without AR/VR
- Choosing to not launch a coin
- Onboarding famous brands and creators
- Web3 apps that look & feel like web2 apps
- Strategic partnerships
- Blending unique properties, e-commerce, gaming, art, fashion
- The power of fasting