Meltem Demirors and Lyn Alden on the Perfect Conditions for Bitcoin
In this episode of Unchained Podcast with crypto-journalist Laura Shin, she talks with Meltem Demirors, the chief strategy officer at Coinshares, and Lyn Alden, the founder of Lyn Alden Investment Strategy. They discuss the state of Bitcoin since June, amidst the US presidential election and a global pandemic.
Other topics discussed include:
- The significance of bitcoin price staying above USD 10k for over three months.
- Why the pandemic has created the conditions for which Bitcoin was designed.
- How the markets may react to a Trump or Biden win.
- Why they believe, no matter which party wins, there will be massive deficits and a money-printing debt spiral.
- Why other countries see opportunities to erode the supremacy of the US dollar.
- Why Bitcoin has shown that it’s possible to have money without state.
- How the current record unemployment and massive stimulus efforts during the pandemic have impacted Bitcoin.
- The increasing interest in Bitcoin from traditional investors.
- The IMF’s recent call for a “New Bretton Woods moment” and how it may impact crypto.
- China’s DCEP central bank digital currency and the effects it may have on increasing China’s trade leverage.
- Why the pandemic has made clear the importance of bringing more Bitcoin mining onshore.
- Whether or not Bitcoin will be able to remedy growing wealth inequality.
- Why privacy/encryption will be the main issue Bitcoiners need to watch from the coming administration.
The episode was published on November 3, 2020.