Markus Levin on Geospatial Data, The MetaVerse and XYO Network | CryptoNews Podcast #167
Markus Levin co-founded XYO Network in 2018, establishing it as the first people-powered decentralized project to connect data from the real physical world directly with blockchain smart contracts and other digital realities. Markus is a blockchain pioneer and an industry visionary regarded for his integral role in shaping the entrance and growth of oracle blockchain technology.
He is also the Head of Operations of XY Labs. Markus has over 15 years of experience in building, managing, and scaling companies. After dropping out of his Ph.D. studies at Bocconi University, he began working with and leading companies in hyper-growth industries around the globe, including cutting-edge technology ventures such as Novacore, “sterkly”, Hive Media, and Koiyo. Markus mined his first Bitcoin in 2013 and has been captivated by blockchain technologies ever since.
In this conversation, we discuss:
- Geospatial data and trustless oracles
- XYO network being a trustless oracle
- Using 5 million nodes to verify information
- Cryptographic handshakes
- GPS spoofing apps like VPNs
- Augmented reality MetaVerses
- University and education being cheaper due to the metaverse and AR/VR technology
- Apple entering the metaverse
- XYO 2.0 ecosystem, a developer for many
- Hot take; metaverse will be more than the internet… It will be our next lives.