Law in the Decentralized World with Dave Rodman
This is an episode of The Pomp Podcast with host Anthony "Pomp" Pompliano and his guest Dave Rodman, the Managing Partner of The Rodman Law Group. He specializes in business, cannabis, crypto, IP, hemp, and securities law.
Dave and Anthony discuss the decentralized world, state-recognized DAO entities, pseudonymity with legal repercussions, accreditation laws, schedule 1 drugs, Satoshi Nakamoto, and regulatory environment.
- 0:00 - BlockFi
- 0:33 - Intro
- 0:46 - Background
- 03:38 - Cannabis Law and Transitioning to Crypto
- 06:28 - Legal Needs of Crypto Clients
- 09:38 - Decentralized World vs. Local Laws
- 13:56 - Legal Structure of a Decentralized Protocol
- 16:17 - Pseudonymity
- 19:19 - Satoshi Nakamoto
- 20:44 - Liabilities for a Decentralized Exchange Founder
- 25:24 - Decentralized Lending
- 27:31 - Patriot Act and U.S. Govt. Power Abroad
- 30:49 - De-Fi Regulations Coming Soon?
- 34:05 - Advice for Crypto Industry Founders
- 36:23 - Most Important Book You've Read
- 37:19 - Sleep Habits *Sponsored by Eight Sleep*
- 39:11 - Aliens. Believer?
- 39:47 - Question For Pomp
- 45:31 - Regulations Change
- 47:28 - Where to find Dave and the Rodman Group
- 47:52 - Wrapping Up
The episode premiered on February 10, 2021.