Julian Hosp, CEO of Cake DeFi, on DeFi for Bitcoin and the Current Crypto Market
Dr. Julian Hosp is the CEO and Co-Founder of Cake DeFi. Cake DeFi is a fully transparent, highly innovative fintech platform dedicated to providing easy access to decentralized financial services and applications by enabling users to generate returns from their crypto and digital assets.
Julian was also one of the original Co-Founders of DeFiChain, the world’s first native DeFi blockchain for the Bitcoin network devoted to decentralized monetary applications and services. DeFiChain has since gone on to become a fully decentralized blockchain project with on-chain governance, dedicated to enabling fast, intelligent, and transparent decentralized financial services and applications.
In this conversation, we discuss:
- DeFi on BitCoin
- DeFi for institutions
- CFTC's lawsuit against Binance
- US regulatory crackdown on crypto
- Picking the right Co-Founder
- How to remain resilient despite the crypto market slump
- Future of stablecoins
- Balaji’s $1mm bet
- Selling $10mil worth of BTC on YouTube live stream
- Becoming a professional kite surfer
- Living in Singapore