Economics, Energy, and Bitcoin w/ Alex Epstein & Saifedean Ammous
Alex and Dr. Ammous discuss a wide range of topics, including:
- How Ammous got interested in energy economics.
- What Ammous learned studying the economics of biofuels.
- Why it’s crucial to think of time as the most important resource.
- How energy relates to time.
- How economists tend to undervalue energy - and what Ammous is doing to address this.
Additionally, they discuss several foundational issues in economics, such as the nature of money, economic calculation, the nature of value, and opportunity cost.