Building Open Source Crypto Hardware
In this episode of The Pomp Podcast with host Anthony "Pomp" Pompliano, he talks with Zach Herbert, the founder and CEO of Foundation Devices, which building open devices for a sovereign internet powered by Bitcoin. They discuss hardware wallets, open-source wallets, Apple, Google, decentralized internet, restricting innovation, and what is next in the suite of Foundation products. Read More
- 0:00 - BlockFi
- 0:33 - Intro
- 0:47 - Background
- 02:03 - Starting Foundation Devices
- 04:42 - Why Hardware Wallets?
- 06:39 - Current Hardware Landscape and What They're doing differently
- 10:58 - Why Open Source?
- 15:01 - Making Open Source User Friendly
- 18:24 - Apple and Google Duopoly
- 23:04 - Decentralized Internet
- 25:45 - Product Suite
- 30:03 - Biggest Challenge Currently
- 32:05 - Where to learn more about Foundation Devices
- 32:54 - Most Important Book
- 34:05 - Sleep Habits *Sponsored by Eight Sleep*
- 35:31 - Aliens. Believer?
- 37:55 - Question for Pomp
- 40:50 - Where to find Zach online
The episode premiered on March 12, 2021.
Liked this video? Subscribe to Anthony Pompliano