Bitcoin, Elections & Democracy w/ Alex Gladstein & Marty Bent
Alex Gladstein, Chief Strategy Officer of the Human Rights Foundation and Marty Bent, author of an influential Bitcoin newsletter, Marty's Bent, and host of the Tales from the Crypt podcast discuss the founding principles of the United States, the current state of the union, the fight for privacy, and how Bitcoin might alter the nation's path.
- 0:00 Introduction
- 5:16 State of American democracy
- 17:59 Tendency of governments toward centralization
- 28:30 Technology changes the world; law guides it.
- 33:47 Bitcoin should be protected as free speech
- 39:19 The future of encryption and the Travel Rule
- 48:25 State of privacy
- 52:00 Bitcoin yield curve via lightning
- 56:52 Future of privacy
- 1:01:10 Do votes matter?
- 1:06:30 Central banking will continue printing regardless
- 1:12:20 Wrap up
The conversation was live-streamed on November 3, 2020.