19 April 2021 · 0 min read
Bitcoin & Climate Change: Does Bitcoin Use Too Much Energy?
In this video, Bitcoin educator and entrepreneur Andreas M. Antonopoulos talks on the issue of Bitcoin energy consumption.
- 0:00 Hello dear Andreas, People here in MTL are very obsessed by Bitcoin's over-consumption of energy, in regards of climate change. Would I be wrong to answer them that Bitcoin's non-inflationary policy will probably help saving the world?
- 0:30 Do electric cars harm the environment because they use more energy than gasoline cars?
- 1:15 It is much easier to regulate energy production than regulate the emissions of a million vehicles
- 2:06 Bitcoin subsidizes renewable energy
- 2:45 Regulate energy production
The video was uploaded on April 16, 2021.