Andreas M. Antonopoulos: Bitcoin Outlook 2021
In this episode of the Bitcoin & Co. podcast with its host Anita Posch, she interviews Bitcoin educator and entrepreneur Andreas M. Antonopoulos, who presents his Bitcoin outlook for the year 2021.
Besides, they talk about Bitcoin as the ultimate fairness system, why Bitcoin needs to strengthen its privacy now.
Other topics discussed include:
- Bitcoin, the fairness protocol
- The danger of changes to the consensus protocol
- Good bitcoin addresses, bad bitcoin addresses
- The propaganda of self-hosted wallets
- Fight for privacy
- Taproot activation, Schnorr signatures
- Doing Coinjoins, Wasabi, Samourai wallet
- Outlook for the Lightning Network 2021
- Kraken implementing Lightning
- Phoenix, Breeze, Strike wallets
- Macro-outlook for Bitcoin in 2021
"Resisting isn't something that you do by breaking the law. Resisting is something you do by innovating to make the law irrelevant, obsolete, and ridiculous. Right. So how do you do that? By implementing consensus changes to the protocol, that strengthen privacy faster than they make changes. We need to strengthen privacy now, and fight back." - Andreas M. Antonopoulos
The episode premiered on December 31, 2020.