Andre Cronje of Yearn Finance on YFI and the Fair Launch
In this episode of Unchained Podcast with Laura Shin, she interviews Andre Cronje, the developer of yearn.finance (YFI). They discuss Yearn Finance, the phenomenal rise in YFI's price, and its "fair launch." Read More
He also talks about:
- What is Yearn Finance?
- What led him to develop it and eventually open it to the public.
- His history and background, leading up to the development of Yearn.
- The processes and mechanisms involved in yEarn v1 and yEarn v2.
- Why he decided to do a "fair launch" of the YFI token.
- Why he disagrees with what he sees as the current anti-VC narrative.
- The phenomenal rise in YFI's price and why the price of a YFI token still doesn't matter.
- Why governance participation is a requirement for earning tokens in the Balancer/yCurve/YFI pool.
- The governance processes in Yearn.
- What he means by "I test in prod" and how people have misinterpreted his meaning.
- Why he briefly walked away from DeFi.
- Whether he agrees that YFI could be a new structure to replace existing traditional business structures.
- His response to the allegations by XAR Network.
- Whether he would consider moving Yearn to another blockchain.
- His vision for what Yearn can become.
- How much YFI he currently owns personally
The conversation was originally published on September 15, 2020.
Liked this video? Subscribe to Unchained Podcast