Opera Launches Web 3 Browser With Built-in Non-Custodial Wallet
The popular multi-platform web browser Opera has unveiled its “Crypto Browser Project” meant to offer users direct access to Web 3 services across multiple networks. The project's beta version is already available with a built-in non-custodial wallet for Windows, Mac, and Android users.
In a press release shared with Cryptonews.com, Opera detailed that the project will enable users to easily browse decentralized apps (dapps), crypto games, and metaverse platforms. The browser also has a crypto news and data aggregator, dubbed “Crypto Corner,” which would provide news, prices, and gas fees, as well as other relevant information for crypto users.
“Opera’s Crypto Browser Project promises a simpler, faster, more private Web 3 experience for users," Jorgen Arnesen, EVP Mobile at Opera, was quoted as saying. "It simplifies Web 3 user experience that is often bewildering for mainstream users. Opera believes Web 3 has to be easy to use for the decentralized web to reach its full potential."
The browser boasts more than 380 million users worldwide, thanks to its no-login VPN (virtual private network) and native ad and tracker blocker. Besides these, the new crypto browser aims to add more features like direct access to decentralized exchanges (DEXes), non-fungible token (NFT) and gaming dapps, as well as integrated Telegram and Twitter support.
While its built-in non-custodial wallet will only support Ethereum (ETH) in beta, Opera said that they plan to extend interoperability across popular blockchains through partnerships with Polygon (MATIC), Solana (SOL), Nervos, and major naming systems Unstoppable Domains, Handshake, and ENS.
- Top Crypto Trends to Watch in 2022, According to Pantera’s Paul Veradittakit
- DeFi Trends in 2022: Growing Interest, Regulation & New Roles for DAOs, DEXes, NFTs, and Gaming
- Opera Brings Crypto Top-ups to UK, Has 170K Monthly Users Of Crypto Wallet
- Opera Lets US Users Buy Bitcoin, Ethereum with Apple Pay, Debit Cards
- Unstoppable Domains’ New Feature Allows Ethereum, Polygon Login With NFT Domains
- Centralization Caused Most Decentralized Finance Hacks in 2021