In-person Verification at Canada Post
Disclaimer: The text below is a press release that was not written by Cryptonews.com.
If you’re one of the people who really hate the idea of scanning and uploading your identity verification documents online, you will be glad to know that there is a viable alternative.
Thanks to MyBTC.ca, you can complete identity verification and fund your account to buy Bitcoin at one of more than 6000 Canada Post locations all across Canada.
Here’s how it works.
- Register an account with MyBTC.ca. Head to MyBTC.ca, click on the “Buy Now” button and follow the on-screen instructions to create an account. First and foremost, you will need a working Canadian cell phone number, where you will receive a verification code; VOIP numbers are not accepted.
- After profile creation, you will be directed to the verification page, where you can choose between MyBTC.ca in-house online ID verification or in-person at Canada Post.
- Choose in-person Canada Post verification. Once you do that, MyBTC.ca will send you an email with a URL to download the PDF document with a unique barcode.
- Bring your ID and the document with a barcode to your local Canada Post office and let the clerk scan the document to load your profile and validate the information on your government-issued photo ID and proof-of-residence document to match and verify your identity.
- Revisit the MyBTC.ca verification page and check the box that you completed the verification process.
Here you have it - an easy and secure way to verify your identity offline when buying Bitcoin via MyBTC.ca!
Aside from the identity verification process, at Canada Post you can also fund your account with Canadian dollars using cash or Interac Debit to then checkout for bitcoin on MyBTC.ca. The process goes like this:
- Download a PDF document with a QR code to present on your mobile device at Canada Post.
- Present your QR code for the post clerk and tell them the amount you’d like to credit your account balance. Be aware to switch up the brightness on your phone to make it easier to scan.
- Complete the transaction using your preferred payment method, be it Cash or Interac Debit card.
- The funds will be credited to your MyBTC.ca account within 5 minutes.
As you can see, using MyBTC.ca with a post office service is so easy that even your grandma could do it.
As per MyBTC.ca CEO, Duane Seamans, this innovative feature brings a new layer of functionality to the exchange’s customers:
"We saw Canada Post verification as the perfect opportunity to help privacy-conscious individuals take the leap and get verified without having to submit photos online." - Duane Seamans, MyBTC.ca CEO
The In-person ID verification at Canada Post is possible due to its Digital Proof of Identity product and the exchange’s agreement with Canada Post. Alternative Bitcoin purchase methods at MyBTC.ca include Interac e-Transfer, Bank Wire, Credit Card, and Flexepin Vouchers.
Visit MyBTC.ca and start buying bitcoin today!