Binance for US Customers is Here with NordVPN
Disclaimer: The text below is an advertorial article that was not written by Cryptonews.com journalists.
With Binance.US, Binance is now available in all but these 7 states in the US: Connecticut, Hawaii, Idaho, Louisiana, New York, Texas, and Vermont. Here’s how you can access Binance.com in the US.
What is Binance.com and Binance.US?
Binance.com is a cryptocurrency exchange that is currently the largest exchange in the world in terms of daily trading volume of cryptocurrencies. Founded in 2017, it was made unavailable to US customers in 2019 due to regulatory reasons. Binance.US, a US-based version of the platform, was recently launched but is still geographically restricted in 7 states, unless you use a VPN.
What are geographical restrictions and how do VPNs help bypass them?
A VPN app can be used to access Binance.com in the US by bypassing geographical restrictions. It does this by making it appear as though you were in another country. Which is good news for all US residents or if you need to access your crypto wallet when you’re abroad.
Here’s how it works:
- A VPN spoofs your location: Binance.com restricts US users by detecting their US-based IP address, which tells them they’re in the US.
- If you connect to a server in Europe from the VPN’s in-app menu, it’ll change your IP address to one of your chosen country, making it look as if you were from there.
And that’s not all a VPN can do. As an all-round security app, leading services like NordVPN also keep you private online, secures you when you connect to public Wi-Fi spots, and can let you access all kinds of content unavailable in your region. NordVPN also includes the unique CyberSec feature that gives you even greater protection against malware.
How to safely access Binance.com with a VPN
Using a VPN with crypto trading on Binance.com is a must. Other than giving you access, a VPN encrypts the data you send through the network, making it harder to intercept.
When choosing a VPN for Binance.com, look for one with an inbuilt kill switch. A kill switch makes sure you’re always secured by cutting off your apps from the internet if the connection between you and the VPN server ever drops.
To use Binance.com in the US, simply download the NordVPN app, select a server from the in-app menu (preferably one of the European servers), head to Binance.com, and follow the instructions.
What’s important when using binance.com from the US?
Be aware of the terms of service: Please remember that it’s against the terms of service of Binance.com for US citizens to use the service, and your account could get banned.
Use a VPN with a kill switch: If your connection to the VPN gets severed, your original US IP address will be detected, which is why using a VPN with a kill switch is so important.
It's also important to remember that Binance.com also has restrictions, depending on whether you provide ID verification:
- If you provide ID verification from a permitted country, you can access the unrestricted version, which allows withdrawal of up to 100 BTC daily.
- If you don’t provide ID verification, you can only withdraw up to 2 BTC daily.
Here’s why we chose NordVPN to use with Binance.com
NordVPN is the world’s most popular VPN, used by everyone from crypto-traders to the everyday privacy-conscious, and it isn’t without reason.
- NordVPN has a built-in kill switch that automatically blocks your internet access if the connection unexpectedly drops. This is fundamental if you don’t want your original US location to be detected by Binance.com.
- NordVPN effortlessly bypasses geographical restrictions, because it uses the industry’s toughest encryption.
- Operating on NordLynx, its own exclusively designed WireGuard-based protocol, users are spoiled with super-fast speeds without sacrificing privacy. NordVPN also has 5,200+ servers in 60 countries to choose from.
- Access to their expert knowledge hub is an invaluable asset to anyone who wants to understand VPN protocols, servers, increasing VPN speed, or how to prevent cyber-attacks and fraud in depth.
- If there are any issues using NordVPN, an expert customer care team is on hand 24/7.
- NordVPN is a well-known, trusted company, which is paramount when choosing a VPN provider. Their twice-audited no-logs service ensures utmost privacy so you remain confidential and keep your devices risk-free. (You can use one NordVPN login on 6 devices at the same time).
- They really do care about your security. NordVPN is continuously updated, with new security updates rolled out every few months, always staying one step ahead of potential threats.